Friday, June 23, 2006

tried and tempted

Temptation stared up at me from the sidewalk in front of my work. A lone cigarette rest on the ground without a flaw in sight. Now, I just got back from Bonnaroo where nearly everyone was smoking, not once did I feel the need to bum a smoke. But just like that, I felt tempted to pick it up and smoke it on the way home. 10 months since I quit and I felt tempted. I think it was the fact that it was just one, I didn't have to ask anyone for it and I didn't have to buy a whole pack. What was one cigarette? No big deal, right? So I picked it up, walked a few feet and threw it in the trash. Big pat on the back for me. Then, I shit you not, about a half hour later I walked in the stockroom and there was an open pack of Camels left by the floor clearners. Don't you find that bizzare? Why am I being tempted by cigarettes? I don't want to smoke, I feel better not smoking and to be honest I thought I was totally over it. I guess there'll always be those little temptations, it just how you deal with them. I deserve a cookie. Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home