Tuesday, June 13, 2006

In 24 hours...

...I'll be on the road to Bonnaroo! Probably almost to Cinncy if we leave at 8, which is the plan. I can't believe it's tomorrow, yet it seems like the wait lasted forever. It's a week later than it was last year, so I've been waiting for over a year already! I always think the day I leave won't go by fast enough, but then when it gets here it turns out I've procrastinated a little too much and I run around all day. Last year I think there was 30 minutes before my friend got here to pick me up that I had to sit down. I'm trying to prevent that this year and maybe, just maybe getting a nap in somewhere. I'm not holding my breath for that though. My laundry is almost done, I took the tent down from airing it out, I have most of my gear ready, I just have to pack tomorrow. I even re-orginized my cd case to include all the nessesary jams for the trips down and back and for just chillin' around the tent. The thing is, you never know what you're going to be in the mood for, especially on a 10 hour drive, so I have no choice than to take everything. Not really, but I think my case holds 90 and every spot is full. "What are the jams nessesary for such a trip?" you might ask. Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, Phish, Dead, Beatles, Jack Johnson, Wilco, Mars Volta, Red Hot Chili Peppers, just to name a few. I'm pretty damn excited.

Speaking of the Chili Peppers, I can't stop listening to the new double album. It's absolutely amazing. In their Rolling Stone interview they said it's their best album ever, and that's a pretty bold statement in my opinion, but I think they just might be right. Both cds, beginning to end, totally brilliant. Go buy it if you haven't already. Plus, they're a great summer band, so there's extra incentive. Peace out homies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home